A dog was found wandering the streets, heavily pregnant and being chased by children. They were trying to hit hr with sticks. She was neglected, abused and desperately needed some help. A stranger rescued her and dropped her off at a kill shelter, cold and alone. Her time was almost up when a group of kindhearted souls rescued her. Almost immediately after leaving the shelter, something amazing happened.
She went into labor.
2. She ended up in the cold shelter & after few weeks
3. Not only that, but she was heavily pregnant.
5. Betty couldn’t even wait to leave the car.
7. She was sweet, though.
8. Not only that, but she was a terrific mother.
9. At one point, a pup became sick and wouldn’t feed
10. But with mommy’s help, it made a triumphant comeback.
11. Soon, he was fat and happy.
12. The pups were growing quickly.
13. Not only that, but they got tons of love (unlike what their experience would have been like in a shelter).
18.The happy, squirmy family
19. At 4 weeks.
21. Like this little ham!
22. Betty was an exhausted, but proud, mommy.
23. A final family nap before adoption.
25. So many wonderful families were excited to take Betty’s puppies.
27. They didn’t know it yet, but these pups were about to be extremely spoiled.
29. Even Betty found a loving home!Betty and her unborn pups were out of time at the shelter. I picked her up and on the drive home she had her puppies on the Bay Bridge. This is her story from rescue to happy ending!